Subsea 7 – Seven Polaris
Pipe Lay Crane VesselMan hours: 1,100,000 man hours
May 2012 – 14 weeks.
- Extensive repairs and modifications during her 30 year SPS
- Fabrication & Repair of 150 tons of steelwork.
- Over 3500m of cooling water piping systems.
- Main & Aux engines exhaust insulation and cladding
- Complete overhaul of 4 x 40ton RR Azimuth thrusters.
- Complete overhaul of 2 x bow & stern thrusters.
- Overhaul of 4 x Ulstein Bergen thrusters engines.
- Wartsila and GM generator engines.
- Volvo hydraulic power pack engines.
- Repairs of the main 1600ton Clyde crane winches.
- Hydraulic repairs to 2 x Manitowoc crawler cranes.
- Refurbishment of 2 x ROV Launch & Recovery “A” frames.
- Hydraulic system upgrades and modification.
- 92 electric motor overhauls of various sizes, main alternators, bow & stern thruster motors (1,400KW).
- Overhaul of switchboards & crane boom flood lighting.
- The installation of a new 120 ton winch on the main deck
Hull fenders were fitted with new wood.