The Port of Durban has the busiest container terminal in Africa.
DORMAC’s yard is situated within the heart of the Ship Repair zone within the Port and less than 500m from the Dry Dock. The yard was founded in 1903 and has a proud history of constructing more than 108 vessels!
The Durban Port is said to be one of the largest and most busy shipping terminals on the African continent. Being strategically placed on major international shipping routes, Durban’s Harbour is South Africa’s main container port handling up to 31.4 million tons of cargo each year.
DORMAC are proud to be situated in such a prestigious port, and it is this placement along with our professionalism, highly trained engineers and technicians as well as our determination that gives us the ability to provide our clients with effective and efficient services in all manners.
If you are in need of any Marine repairs and services, such as:
- Blasting and Painting (Grit, Slurry, UHP)
- Cofferdam repairs (Side shell, Thruster, Flat Bottom, Stern Tube)
- Electrical Repair Works
- Mechanical Repair and Engine Works
- Pipe Repairs and Fabrication Works ((Mild, Galvanised and Stainless Steel, Yorcalbro and CuNiFe, High Pressure)
- Riding Squads
- Cameron Riser Refurbishment
- Steel Repairs and Fabrication Works
- Class Approved Underwater Repairs and Diving
Or Industrial repairs and services such as:
- CNC Machining
- Mechanical Engineering
- Piping Services
- Steel Work (Stainless and Mild)
Be sure to contact us today and we can assist with your marine repairs and services.