Time-Based Apprenticeship Program
- This is a traditional full 4 year apprenticeship program which is broken down into phase / modular based training. This program is designed for school leavers wishing to become qualified artisans.
- The program is broken into institutional training and on site training at Dormac.
- This training program concludes with the National Trade Test which, if successfully completed, will result in a trade qualification that is registered and quality assured by merSETA and the Department of Labour.
- Successful passing of the Trade Test leaves the learner a qualified Artisan free to seek employment wherever they please.
- Approximately 21% of these newly qualified Artisans and retained by Dormac for regular work contracts.